#opensolaris-meeting IRC Log

Index

IRC Log for 2010-02-26

Timestamps are in GMT/BST.

OGBot crashed - here are the missing logs

[12:06am] perlmongo joined the chat room.
[12:09am] perlmongo left the chat room. ("Leaving")
[12:10am] laca joined the chat room.
[12:11am] laca: ogbot register laca as Laszlo Peter
[12:15am] drdoug joined the chat room.
[12:16am] alanc: ogbot is temporarily unavailable, your registration has been logged for feeding to the bot when it returns
[12:16am] laca: thanks alanbot 
[12:17am] • alanc is about to become temporarily unavailable too, since his eyelids are crashing
[12:18am] • laca is just starting the 2nd half of his working day: 9pm to 2am(ish)
[12:24am] terri joined the chat room.
[12:25am] menno joined the chat room.
[12:26am] menno: ogbot register menno as Menno Lageman
[12:29am] terri left the chat room. (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
[12:32am] drdoug left the chat room. (Quit: Page closed)
[12:33am] trochej: menno ogbot is down.
[12:34am] trochej: But you registratin has been logges, as alanc stated above.
[12:35am] menno: ah, ok.
[01:23am] milek_ joined the chat room.
[01:28am] staceym joined the chat room.
[01:30am] staceym: Hello, I am Stacey Marshall and an OpenSolaris Core Contributor.  My OpenSolaris ID is ace
[01:31am] staceym: ogbot register ace as Stacey Marshall
[01:31am] madwizard:  ogbot is temporarily unavailable, your registration has been logged for feeding to the bot when it returns
[01:31am] madwizard: to quote alanc
[01:35am] milek_ left the chat room. (Quit: Leaving)
[01:35am] milek_ joined the chat room.
[01:38am] halton left the chat room. (Quit: Leaving.)
[01:39am] drdoug joined the chat room.
[02:26am] mbp1 joined the chat room.
[02:29am] Dar joined the chat room.
[02:32am] Dar: ogbot register dkenny as Darren Kenny
[02:33am] mbp1: ogbot register mbp as Mark Phalan
[02:34am] madwizard:  ogbot is temporarily unavailable, your registration has been logged for feeding to the bot when it returns
[02:34am] Dar: madwizard: thanks...
[02:35am] trochej: np
[02:36am] madwizard: I actually just quote alanc, as he went to sleep. 
[02:52am] cypromis: madwizard: schizophrenia ?
[02:54am] madwizard: Yup
[03:02am] sartek_ joined the chat room.
[03:04am] sartek left the chat room. (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
[03:04am] sartek_ is now known as sartek.
[03:14am] jamesd2 left the chat room. (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
[03:16am] batschul left the chat room. (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
[03:25am] jamesd2 joined the chat room.
[03:38am] darrenm joined the chat room.
[03:38am] darrenm: ogbot register darrenm as Darren J Moffat
[03:40am] darrenm left the chat room.
[03:42am] drdoug: ogbot register drdoug as Doug Scott
[03:42am] ThorstenF joined the chat room.
[03:43am] ThorstenF: Hello, I am Thorsten Frueauf and an OpenSolaris Core Contributor.  My OpenSolaris ID is frueauf
[03:50am] ThorstenF left the chat room.
[04:03am] madwizard:  ogbot is temporarily unavailable, your registration has been logged for feeding to the bot when it returns
[04:16am] ptribble joined the chat room.
[04:18am] ptribble: ogbot quorum
[04:25am] madwizard: ptribble: ogbot is temporarily unavailable and I'm sure your quorum request has been logged  for feeding to the bot when it returns 
[04:46am] aevil: seen ogbot?
[04:46am] osolbot: ogbot was last seen on #opensolaris-meeting 7 hours and 24 minutes ago, saying: Registered members: 61, quorum needed is 143 [Fri Feb 26 00:22:21 2010]
[04:59am] Liam joined the chat room.
[05:02am] Liam: ogbot register liamm as Liam Merwick
[05:11am] imp joined the chat room.
[05:12am] imp: Hello, I am Cyril Plisko and an OpenSolaris Core Contributor.  My OpenSolaris ID is imp
[05:13am] imp: Let's try alternative way as well
[05:13am] imp: ogbot register imp as Cyril Plisko
[05:15am] laca left the chat room. (Quit: sleep)
[05:18am] drdoug left the chat room.
[05:19am] ptribble: The bot seems to be off asleep
[05:19am] ptribble: Anybody else taking notes?
[05:25am] trochej: me
[05:30am] SteveHanson joined the chat room.
[05:31am] t3hrealadamd joined the chat room.
[05:32am] SteveHanson: ogbot register stephh as Steve Hanson
[05:36am] t3hrealadamd left the chat room. (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
[05:37am] SteveHanson: Hello, I am Steve Hanson  and an OpenSolaris Core Contributor.  My OpenSolaris ID is stephh
[05:44am] trochej: steve ogbot is teporarily down
[05:44am] SteveHanson left the chat room. (Remote host closed the connection)
[05:44am] trochej: We have logged your registratin and will pass it to authorities 
[05:44am] cypromis: Stece Ogbot ?
[05:44am] cypromis:
[05:49am] kmays joined the chat room.
[05:51am] topples joined the chat room.
[05:53am] topples left the chat room. (Client Quit)
[06:03am] jhaslam joined the chat room.
[06:05am] jhaslam: Hello, I am Jonathan Haslam and an OpenSolaris Core Contributor. My OpenSolaris ID is jhaslam.
[06:06am] kmays left the chat room. (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.86 [SeaMonkey 2.0.3/20100205174005])
[06:08am] trochej: jhaslam: ogbot is temporarily down, but your registration has been logged and will be feed to bot when it is back
[06:08am] jhaslam: thanks
[06:09am] trochej: Now, excuse me, I need to go prepare for doc.
[06:09am] osolbot: need to wrap system in aluminum foil to fix problem
[06:09am] trochej:
[06:10am] trochej: osolbot You back for good?
[06:10am] osolbot: i haven't a clue, trochej
[06:10am] trochej: Good to know 
[06:15am] rishi4 joined the chat room.
[06:16am] rishi4 left the chat room. (Client Quit)
[06:16am] rishi7 joined the chat room.
[06:18am] rishi7: ogbot register rishi as Rishi Srivatsavai
[06:18am] rishi7 left the chat room. (Client Quit)
[06:24am] rishisv joined the chat room.
[06:24am] rishisv: ogbot register rishi as Rishi Srivatsavai
[06:27am] rishisv: will try registering another time
[06:28am] rishisv: later
[06:28am] rishisv left the chat room.
[06:37am] cypromis: where is plocher when you need him
[06:37am] cypromis: lol
[06:37am] cypromis: probably sleeping I guess
[06:39am] eriko joined the chat room.
[06:39am] eriko left the chat room. (Client Quit)
[06:43am] xor_cowboy joined the chat room.
[06:45am] xor_cowboy left the chat room.
[06:52am] cmynhier joined the chat room.
[06:52am] drdoug joined the chat room.
[06:54am] cmynhier: Hello, I am Chad Mynhier and an OpenSolaris Core Contributor.  My OpenSoalris ID is cmynhier.
[06:54am] cmynhier: Or does that need to be
[06:54am] cmynhier: ogbot register cmynhier as Chad Mynhier
[07:08am] rohrer joined the chat room.
[07:12am] nsolter joined the chat room.
[07:13am] tomww: seems that the register bot is still down, but they said they will use the  log to feed the bot (...for dinner)
[07:13am] nsolter: ogbot register nsolter as Nicholas Solter
[07:17am] imp is now known as Guest96596.
[07:18am] nsolter left the chat room. (Quit: nsolter)
[07:29am] eriko joined the chat room.
[07:31am] kuriakos joined the chat room.
[07:37am] eriko: ogbot quorum
[07:40am] kuriakos left the chat room.
[07:47am] alanm1 joined the chat room.
[07:47am] whitten joined the chat room.
[07:49am] bubbva: unfortunately, ogbot is dead 
[07:50am] bubbva: my IRC window was up all night, so I will pull folks from here
[08:01am] eriko: long live ogbot
[08:07am] Guest96596 left the chat room. (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.86 [Firefox 3.5.7/20100131134045])
[08:11am] Liam left the chat room. (Quit: Liam)
[08:12am] Liam joined the chat room.
[08:16am] eriko left the chat room. (Remote host closed the connection)
[08:16am] eriko joined the chat room.
[08:17am] randyf joined the chat room.
[08:22am] markfen_home joined the chat room.
[08:22am] markfen_home left the chat room. (Client Quit)
[08:24am] markfen joined the chat room.
[08:24am] randyf: it seems as if the log has stopped recording as of midnight last night
[08:25am] markfen left the chat room. (Client Quit)
[08:25am] gdamore left the chat room. (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
[08:25am] gdamore joined the chat room.
[08:25am] bubbva: randyf, yes, it was around then.
[08:27am] terri joined the chat room.
[08:27am] bubbva: let me see if I can find plocher's number
[08:27am] alanc: logs are still being recorded, the counting bot is just offline
[08:27am] bubbva: alanc: ah, good 
[08:28am] alanc: osolbot & several people's irc clients should have logs we can feed the bot when it returns
[08:28am] osolbot: alanc: i'm not following you...
[08:28am] alanc: silly bot, that was for humans
[08:29am] bubbva: no, can't find it 
[08:31am] trochej: i have logs from trochej and madwizard account
[08:32am] cypromis: osolbot hello
[08:32am] osolbot: salut, cypromis.
[08:33am] cypromis: you for sure broke at least 997,23 privacy laws in 120 countries
[08:33am] cypromis:
[08:33am] aevil: seen ogbot?
[08:33am] osolbot: ogbot was last seen on #opensolaris-meeting 11 hours and 11 minutes ago, saying: Registered members: 61, quorum needed is 143 [Fri Feb 26 00:22:21 2010]
[08:34am] aevil: and that time is in ET
[08:34am] ptribble left the chat room. (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.86 [Firefox 3.6/20100117202611])
[08:34am] aevil: so, roughly 9.30pm PT
[08:34am] cypromis: Extraterestial time ?
[08:35am] cypromis: ah yes east coast people are from a different star
[08:35am] cypromis:
[08:35am] cypromis: trochej: any rough idea how many regs you have ?
[08:35am] aevil: Planet Clare, actually 
[08:35am] cypromis: if 11/11 it was 61 regs
[08:35am] cypromis: aevil: I guessed so, athens george is ET
[08:35am] cypromis:
[08:35am] cypromis: athens georgia even
[08:36am] JBeck: cypromis: yes, because a large plurality of the US lives in its eastern time zone, they (largely thanks to the US media) often act as if it is the only time zone that exists
[08:36am] cypromis: hehe
[08:36am] cypromis: I always assumed that timezone is CET/CDT
[08:36am] cypromis:
[08:37am] aevil: central european time? eg. +2?
[08:38am] trochej: cypromis: I'd have to grep. I can do this three hours from now
[08:48am] deirdres joined the chat room.
[08:50am] deirdres left the chat room. (Client Quit)
[08:51am] deirdres joined the chat room.
[08:55am] gheet joined the chat room.
[08:59am] gheet: Hello, I am Ghee Teo and an OpenSolaris Core Contributor.  My OpenSolaris ID is gheet
[08:59am] • gheet is really a conformist
[09:05am] gtirloni left the chat room. (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
[09:06am] gtirloni joined the chat room.
[09:07am] johnz joined the chat room.
[09:08am] johnz: ogbot register johnz as John Zolnowsky
[09:10am] milek_ left the chat room. (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
[09:10am] gheet: johnz , are you sure what you just typed works?
[09:11am] gheet: What it said here though different from the announcement e-mail
[09:12am] gheet: what the hack, I just follow suit (since it is unlikely that I will join this channel again in the next few days
[09:12am] gheet: ogbot register gheet as Ghee Teo
[09:12am] trochej: jhaslam: ogbot is temporarily down, but your registration has been logged and will be feed to bot when it is back
[09:13am] trochej: ogbot is temporarily down, but your registration has been logged and will be feed to bot when it is back
[09:13am] trochej: sorry I type from phone
[09:13am] jwalker: cypromis: please accept your nomination on the ogb list
[09:14am] trochej: jwalker Can I nominate you?
[09:14am] gheet: trochej: you can always nominate any CC, though they can always reject
[09:14am] gheet:
[09:15am] trochej: gheet Nominee doesn't have to be CC.
[09:16am] jwalker: trochej You can, but I will decline. I like to encourage rotation through leadership positions
[09:16am] trochej: jwalker, ok, I wanted to know.
[09:17am] trochej: What happens when there are less candidates than seats?
[09:17am] trochej: And what if a candidate still gets no votes?
[09:18am] jwalker: trochej if they all get 1 vote or more, they all are elected
[09:18am] jwalker: trochej the election is easy 
[09:18am] gheet: hehe
[09:20am] jwalker: ogbot quorem
[09:21am] jwalker: ogbot quorum
[09:22am] gheet: trochej: you are right! It does leave the possibility of some one new to come on board of OGB 
[09:23am] drdoug left the chat room. (Quit: Leaving.)
[09:24am] bubbva: gheet / johnz bot is dead
[09:24am] glagasse joined the chat room.
[09:25am] bubbva: trochej : I do hope the election is contested, though, so people turn up and also vote for the constitution. If it is uncontested, then we will suffer from disinterest
[09:25am] glagasse: Hello, I am Glenn Lagasse and an OpenSolaris Core Contributor.  My OpenSolaris ID is glagasse.
[09:30am] bubbva: hi glagasse!  the bot is down for now, but we should be able to feed it later from our logs 
[09:30am] glagasse: Hey Valerie!
[09:30am] trochej: doesn't lack of nominations speak of disinterest?
[09:31am] glagasse: bubbva: the Bot taking a sick day? 
[09:31am] bubbva: trochej: I think it speaks to uncertainty
[09:32am] bubbva: and we've had quite a few in the last day
[09:32am] gheet left the chat room. (Quit: Leaving.)
[09:33am] trochej: bubbva I agreed to nomination out of curiositi how many votes I could get. Now I'm in a bit ridiculus situation. I *do* hope more recognisable persons will be nominated, come Monday
[09:35am] bubbva: You could nominate some? 
[09:36am] lblume: trochej: Have some more coffee and don't run away 
[09:38am] trochej: Heh
[09:39am] trochej: *If* I get votes and enough to geto a seat, it's just gonna happen.
[09:39am] trochej: bubbva: no one I asked wants to agree
[09:41am] lblume: trochej: I'll send you Chinese coffee if you get elected 
[09:42am] trochej: Wow
[09:42am] trochej: My chances are that slim?
[09:44am] lblume:  Time for bed, have sweet dreams, and start thinking about your speech.
[09:45am] lblume left the chat room. (Quit: Leaving.)
[09:49am] trochej: What speech?
[09:51am] bubbva: lblume was just teasing you, trochej. there's no speach 
[09:51am] bubbva: we do like candidates to provide a candidate statement, and be available here to answer questions
[09:51am] bubbva: btw, is there a web based client for IRC / this forum? someone just asked me, and I wasn't sure
[09:51am] trochej: I'm teasing too, a bit.
[09:52am] michelle1 joined the chat room.
[09:53am] bubbva:
[09:53am] bubbva: hi michelle1 !
[09:53am] michelle1 was promoted to operator by bubbva.
[09:58am] michelle1: hiya
[09:59am] bubbva: the bot is dead. no sign of plocher 
[09:59am] michelle1: bummer, when did it die?
[10:01am] ereid joined the chat room.
[10:02am] bubbva: just before midnight
[10:02am] sartek: 06:43:19 UTC
[10:02am] bubbva: several of us have stayed logged in, though so we should have the data to feed to the bot.
[10:02am] bubbva: I don't know what I did with Plocher's phone number, though I did call him like 2 weeks ago 
[10:03am] michelle1: ah, still not close to quorum anyways, so he has plenty of time to return
[10:03am] JBeck: michelle1: hbty
[10:03am] alanc: bubbva: should be able to use the link on http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Main/chat
[10:04am] bubbva: thanks, alanc
[10:04am] alanc: haven't verified that still works, but it used to
[10:05am] michelle1: jbeck: huh?
[10:05am] michelle1: oh yeah, thanks 
[10:05am] JBeck:
[10:05am] bubbva_ joined the chat room.
[10:06am] bubbva_: testing 
[10:06am] bubbva_ left the chat room. (Client Quit)
[10:10am] ereid: ogbot quorum?
[10:10am] ereid: oh that doesn't work anymore? lol
[10:10am] alanc: not until someone wakes up plocher to restart ogbot
[10:10am] ereid: hence the previous discussion.. gotcha
[10:14am] • bubbva misses ogbot
[10:14am] aevil: osolbot, quorum?
[10:14am] osolbot: quorum is now 126, as i am correct, the OGB said you have to have a valid account to be counted (because you can't vote if it's not valid)
[10:14am] aevil: osolbot, forget quorum
[10:14am] osolbot: aevil: I forgot quorum
[10:14am] aevil: osolbot, quorum is 143
[10:14am] osolbot: OK, aevil.
[10:25am] dogbreath joined the chat room.
[10:28am] cypromoto joined the chat room.
[10:29am] cypromoto: Ogbot quorum
[10:30am] cypromoto: ogbot quorum
[10:30am] ereid: ogbot isn't here... and they're loathe to awaken its master
[10:30am] cypromoto: keep lol
[10:31am] drdoug joined the chat room.
[10:41am] OGBot joined the chat room.
+[10:44] -verne.freenode.net- *** Looking up your hostname...
+[10:44] -verne.freenode.net- *** Checking Ident
+[10:44] -verne.freenode.net- *** Found your hostname
+[10:44] -verne.freenode.net- *** No Ident response
+[10:44] [frigg VERSION]
+[10:44] * OGBot (~PircBot@173-11-76-37-SFBA.hfc.comcastbusiness.net) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[10:44] * Topic is 'Welcome to the OpenSolaris Meeting 2010 | Feb 25 thru close of elections on Mar 23 | http://www.spcoast.com/irclogs/opensolaris-meeting | announce format: "ogbot register <your OS.o ID> as <your full name>" | Election Info: http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Community+Group+ogb/2010'
+[10:44] * Set by plocher!~plocher@173-11-76-37-SFBA.hfc.comcastbusiness.net on Thu Feb 25 12:55:13 PST 2010
+[10:44] -ChanServ- [#opensolaris-meeting] Welcome to the OpenSolaris Meeting 2010, logged at http://www.spcoast.com/irclogs/opensolaris-meeting CoreContribs, please announce yourselves as: "ogbot register <your OS.o ID> as <your full name>" Election Info: http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Community+Group+ogb/2010
+[10:44] <plocher> Sorry for the delay - I've reprocessed the logs from 10:43 thru <now> and found the following:
+[10:44] <plocher> NEW:maxb1:max:max bruning
+[10:44] <plocher> NEW:laca:laca:laszlo peter
+[10:44] <plocher> NEW:menno:menno:menno lageman
+[10:44] <plocher> NEW:staceym:ace:stacey marshall
+[10:44] <plocher> NEW:dar:dkenny:darren kenny
+[10:44] <plocher> NEW:mbp1:mbp:mark phalan
+[10:44] <plocher> NEW:darrenm:darrenm:darren j moffat
+[10:44] <plocher> NEW:drdoug:drdoug:doug scott
+[10:44] <plocher> NEW:thorstenf:frueauf:thorsten frueauf
+[10:44] <plocher> NEW:liam:liamm:liam merwick
+[10:44] <plocher> NEW:imp:imp:cyril plisko
+[10:44] <plocher> UPDATE:imp:imp:cyril plisko
+[10:44] <plocher> NEW:stevehanson:stephh:steve hanson
+[10:44] <plocher> UPDATE:stevehanson:stephh:steve hanson
+[10:44] <plocher> NEW:jhaslam:jhaslam:jonathan haslam
+[10:44] <plocher> NEW:rishi7:rishi:rishi srivatsavai
+[10:44] <plocher> NEW:cmynhier:cmynhier:chad mynhier
+[10:44] <plocher> UPDATE:cmynhier:cmynhier:chad mynhier
+[10:44] <plocher> NEW:nsolter:nsolter:nicholas solter
+[10:44] <plocher> NEW:gheet:gheet:ghee teo
+[10:44] <plocher> NEW:johnz:johnz:john zolnowsky
+[10:44] <plocher> UPDATE:gheet:gheet:ghee teo
+[10:44] <plocher> NEW:glagasse:glagasse:glenn lagasse
+[10:44] <plocher> OGBot kept pinging and getting pings from IRC but stopped processing the channel - something weird in the guts of pircbot...
+[10:44] <plocher> ogbot quorum
+[10:44] Registered members: 80, quorum needed is 143
+[10:45] <ereid> (if it were easy, anyone could do it :)
+[10:45] * jbeloro (~jasonbelo@nat/sun/x-ilkdqonilrtwexem) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[10:45] <bubbva> hi plocher! :-)
+[10:46] <bubbva> plocher: curious if the bot keeps a separate log with just those counted? might be an easy way for facilitators to know who to bug :)
+[10:47] <plocher> Yes it does - d'ya want the list?
+[10:47] <bubbva> pointer to it would be good :)
+[10:58] * gww (~c0122be1@gateway/web/freenode/x-yklbmlfeqlhussdx) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[10:58] <gww> ogbot register gww as Gary Winiger
+[10:58] Thank you for registering, gww: gww/gary winiger
+[10:58] Registered members: 81, quorum needed is 143
+[10:58] <menno> ogbot register menno as Menno Lageman
+[10:58] Updating registration: menno is changing menno/menno lageman to menno/menno lageman
+[10:58] Registered members: 81, quorum needed is 143
+[10:58] <osolbot> i already had it that way, OGBot.
+[10:59] <bubbva> thanks, gww!
+[11:00] * gww (~c0122be1@gateway/web/freenode/x-yklbmlfeqlhussdx) Quit (Client Quit)
+[11:00] <cypromoto> 81+1=81?
+[11:00] <madwizard> cypromoto: This was change not new registration
+[11:00] <ereid> seems like that was a modify of an existing registration
+[11:00] <cypromoto> Ah
+[11:03] <madwizard> Yup
+[11:03] * madwizard got in nomination frenzy
+[11:08] * ptribble (~chatzilla@cpc2-cmbg3-0-0-cust377.cmbg.cable.ntl.com) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[11:11] * bubbva sets mode +o ptribble
+[11:11] <bubbva> good evening, ptribble!
+[11:15] <alanc> okay, we've got 7 nominations now, can we just make them the OGB and skip the boring part?
+[11:15] <alanc> would be the most external OGB ever too
+[11:15] <ereid> only if there's beer too :)
+[11:15] <bubbva> alanc: need folks to accept them, too
+[11:15] <alanc> oh darn, right
+[11:16] <bubbva> *and* we still need to hold the election to get people to vote for the constitution! (PLEASE!!!!!!!!) :-)
+[11:17] <ptribble> I thought we had more than 7 nominations now
+[11:18] <alanc> 7 have made it to http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Community+Group+ogb/2010 - though I see Teresa's recent nomination added but not yet the just prior nomination of Alan B
+[11:19] <madwizard> Yup, there's Alan B
+[11:19] <madwizard> Should be on the page
+[11:20] <ptribble> hm, did that nomination go to ogb-discuss?
+[11:21] <bubbva> ptribble, yes it did.
+[11:21] <madwizard> I forwarded my +1 of that nomination
+[11:21] <bubbva> oh, wait, no, it went to core-contrib-discuss
+[11:22] <madwizard> Yup
+[11:22] <bubbva> but, as madwizard noted, he forwarded his +1
+[11:22] <madwizard> I can forward it, since core-contrib doesn't have faciliator, as I believe.
+[11:22] <bubbva> that's correct
+[11:23] <aevil> michelle...where would you like to point those who still try to ssh to poll for voting and who seem to be not able to read? :)
+[11:24] <madwizard> /dev/null maybe?
+[11:24] <madwizard> I ffed
+[11:24] <madwizard> OK, I switch to phone, which means I'm gonna be trochej now. :)
+[11:24] <madwizard> Time to go to pharmacy store
+[11:25] <bubbva> aevil : maybe just a message like "sorry, this is not the polling place anymore. please point your web browser at https://auth.opensolaris.org/"
+[11:25] <michelle1> aevil: http://poll.opensolaris.org
+[11:26] <alanc> the http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Community+Group+ogb/2010 seems to be a bit out of sync with this year, but at least doesn't mention ssh anymore
+[11:26] <aevil> is there a voting FAQ or something one could be pointed to?
+[11:28] <alanc> (web page says nomination deadline already passed, has link to last years irc logs, links to my nomination mail from last year, has formatting errors in the IRC announcement instructions)
+[11:29] * alanc sets mode -o alanc
+[11:30] <michelle1> alanc: oops, I'll try to fix it this afternoon, thanks
+[11:30] <trochej> I thougjt deadline is 1st march 23:59
+[11:30] <cypromoto> It is
+[11:31] * michelle1 (~mo137222@m208-55.dsl.rawbw.com) has left #opensolaris-meeting
+[11:31] <alanc> trochej: yes, but the page seems to have been copied from last year, so says "the final deadline... *was*..."
+[11:32] * ChanServ sets mode +o jwalker
+[11:34] * ThorstenF (~ThorstenF@nat/sun/x-cmaqvpbwzvoiirjf) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[11:40] <trochej> ok
+[11:45] * sdaven (~scott@nat/sun/x-fkzbgppgoisjkbjx) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[11:48] * masafumi_ohta (~masafumi_@124-144-23-56.rev.home.ne.jp) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[11:49] * gdamore (~gdamore@nat/sun/x-szwbxeepbtcpkvhj) Quit (Remote host closed the connection)
+[11:56] * terri (~terri@adsl-99-24-162-174.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net) Quit (Quit: terri)
+[12:03] * TechJournalist (~tk421@d24-141-163-181.home.cgocable.net) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[12:05] * masafumi_ohta (~masafumi_@124-144-23-56.rev.home.ne.jp) has left #opensolaris-meeting
+[12:06] * DanR (~chatzilla@nat/sun/x-tbazbldvpztcwjjh) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[12:06] * deirdres (~deirdres@64.0.147.130.ptr.us.xo.net) Quit (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
+[12:06] * deirdres (~deirdres@64.0.147.130.ptr.us.xo.net) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[12:06] <ptribble> DanR: welcome
+[12:07] <DanR> ptribble: Thanks
+[12:07] <bubbva> hi DanR ! any word on any official communications? I know you were hoping "soon" :)
+[12:07] * drdoug (~doug@host81-131-133-88.range81-131.btcentralplus.com) Quit (Remote host closed the connection)
+[12:07] <DanR> So we do know a few things now, as I discussed on the OGB call a couple days ago...
+[12:07] <ptribble> (How's about that for putting Dan on the spot?)
+[12:08] <DanR> Yeah, thanks... :)
+[12:08] <DanR> So, here's what we can say:
+[12:08] * terri (~terri@adsl-99-24-162-174.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[12:09] * bubbva listens intently :)
+[12:09] <DanR> Oracle will continue to make OpenSolaris available as open source, and Oracle will continue to actively support and participate in the community
+[12:09] <DanR> Oracle is investing more in Solaris than Sun did prior to the acquisition, and will continue to contribute technologies to OpenSolaris, as Oracle already does for many other open source projects
+[12:10] * reflect (~reflect@1-1-13-25b.gtd.gbg.bostream.se) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[12:10] * Trede (~no@90-231-37-223-no154.tbcn.telia.com) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[12:10] * tsoome (~tsoome@164.18.191.90.dyn.estpak.ee) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[12:10] * speshak (~speshak@67.224.70.98) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[12:11] <DanR> Oracle is committed to supporting our customers
+[12:11] * samc (~sam@druuge.linux.gen.nz) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[12:12] <bda> DanR: Does that include x86, or will the heavy focus on SPARC override further x86 development/support?
+[12:12] * oj-man (~jojemann@nat/sun/x-ohgeyfbxaaaxbyhb) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[12:13] <DanR> And Oracle will ensure customers running OpenSolaris have an option for support on Oracle Sun Systems where it's required, though given the very little sales here this will not be something we expect many customers to deploy going forward. Solaris is our focus, on both SPARC and x86.
+[12:13] <bda> DanR: The recent patch policy changes to Solaris were a major concern; given all the SPARC talk, we were worried x86 would suffer.
+[12:14] <bda> Given the lack of communication there, it is driving platform change considerations for a lot of shops.
+[12:14] * drdoug (~doug@host81-131-133-88.range81-131.btcentralplus.com) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[12:14] <DanR> Oracle will also continue to deliver OpenSolaris releases, including the upcoming OpenSolaris 2010.03 release.
+[12:14] <reflect> sun.com used to be a.. quite good looking page.. for the past ten years. it had information for both managers and techs.. however, it now seems to be very tough to find tech information for any of the old Sun hardware.. will this be fixed?
+[12:14] <bda> So OpenSolaris really is becoming Fedora? ;-)
+[12:15] <reflect> it used to be very easy to navigate, now.. not so much
+[12:16] <DanR> The patch decision is aligned with how Oracle does business in other areas as well, patches are delivered for customers but not for free. So it's consistent, that doesn't define a platform future at all. x86 is the core of our Storage appliances for example, we're not going away from it at all. Though clearly we make more money on SPARC so there is more of an emphasis given the customer base.
+[12:16] * lyarick (~lyarick@96.244.131.227) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[12:17] * Auralis (~barbie@port-92-206-88-141.dynamic.qsc.de) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[12:17] <bda> DanR: Completely understandable. My company (and I imagine most others) value consistancy heavily. :)
+[12:17] <DanR> For the web transition, we're working hard to simply things and the same leader for example that ran BigAdmin previously now is in charge of creating the community inside of OTN which will now include a place for admins, developers and architects for Solaris and Systems
+[12:17] <bda> The lack of communication beforehand means we couldn't buy support contracts before the patches were pulled, however. Hopefully that was just an oversight.
+[12:18] <tsoome> well, closing up security pathes can be considered ill behaviour from vendor.
+[12:18] <bda> tsoome: Agreed. But it's done. Perhaps OpenSolaris security/support policy will change as money is less of a driver there?
+[12:18] * JagWaugh (~jagwaugh@85.4.218.218) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[12:18] * anibal (~anibal@debian/developer/anibal) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[12:19] <ptribble> DanR: what about open development in the future?
+[12:19] <tsoome> and it will cut off people from even considering *solaris, meaning no money for oracle anyhow.
+[12:20] * anilg (~anil@59.92.195.192) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[12:20] <reflect> tsoome: what will cut it off?
+[12:20] <bda> reflect: The lack of free security updates.
+[12:21] <reflect> hm
+[12:22] * terri (~terri@adsl-99-24-162-174.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net) Quit (Quit: terri)
+[12:22] <DanR> ptribble: Oracle will continue to develop technologies in the open, as we do today. There may be some things we choose not to open source going forward, similar to how MySQL manages certain value add at the top of the stack. It's important to understand the plan now is to deliver value again out of our IP investment, while at the same time measuring that with continuing to deliver...
+[12:22] <tsoome> well you can argue its open source and fix yourself or buy support, but not many people are able to fix things, nor buy support.
+[12:22] <DanR> ...OpenSolaris in the open. This will be a balancing act, one that we'll get right some times but may not always.
+[12:22] <reflect> yes, it would. is there any indication whatsoever the previous 20-30-year practice would change?
+[12:23] * storycrafter (~storycraf@68-252-106-20.ded.ameritech.net) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[12:23] <bda> tsoome: shrug. Follow /dev. Oracle likes making money, unlike Sun, so... I'll pay for support fees. :)
+[12:24] <bda> DanR: I don't suppose you can speak to specifics about the future of Solaris at this point?
+[12:24] <cypromoto> Do you have an example what will not be developed in the open ?
+[12:24] <ptribble> So the core is open, but you still have extra value-add like fishworks/analytics?
+[12:25] <- *storycrafter* register devnull as Mark Martin
+[12:25] * ChrisGerhard (~cjg@host86-136-106-30.range86-136.btcentralplus.com) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[12:26] * bda has been waiting for a database toaster to be announced. ;-)
+[12:27] <DanR> bda: Oracle handles roadmaps very differently than Sun did for regulartory reasons, so futures for Solaris are not something I can speak to specifically. it's a change we're still getting use to our our side to, though hopefully many of the public statements are very clear that Solaris is our now #1 Enterprise OS and we will increase investment. We won't be able to talk about specific...
+[12:27] <DanR> ...features but the future is very bright.
+[12:27] <DanR> crypromoto: no, as per the roadmap discussion, I can't speak to specific new features and how they'll be developed.
+[12:27] <bda> DanR: Good enough. Thanks.
+[12:28] * whitten (~chatzilla@nat/sun/x-futgmviigdvvioxs) has left #opensolaris-meeting
+[12:28] <tsoome> so we can expect stuff like proper integration of oracle db and dataguard (broker) with sun cluster in both rac and fail over setup?:P
+[12:28] <DanR> ptribble: Yes, core is open and we'll add stuff on top.
+[12:28] <bda> Will the existing OpenSolaris community (e.g., the OGB) be maintained?
+[12:28] * bda has no idea how Oracle manages its communities.
+[12:29] <cypromoto> Bda i think they neither
+[12:29] <reflect> so basically.. solaris will be as open as it is now, for the foreseeable future?
+[12:29] <DanR> tsoome: Integration with Oracle applications is a top priority! Specifics are wait and see... :)
+[12:30] <TechJournalist> DanR: for 'regular' users and contributor to Open Solaris - do you figure that anything will change in terms of how open solaris is delivered and how developers contribute?
+[12:30] <reflect> DanR: and the prospective customers that simply does not care about oracle.. what about lustrefs and the like?
+[12:32] <oj-man> ogbot register oj-man as John Ojemann
+[12:32] Sorry oj-man, the OpenSolaris ID you used (oj-man) is not in the list of valid Core Contributors for this election.
+[12:32] <oj-man> doh!
+[12:32] <oj-man> ogbot register jojemann as John Ojemann
+[12:32] Thank you for registering, oj-man: jojemann/john ojemann
+[12:32] Registered members: 82, quorum needed is 143
+[12:33] <DanR> TechJournalist: Love to see the tech journal crowd participating! And yes, regular users will find things mostly unchanged. Contributors also.
+[12:34] * ClayB_laptop (~clayb@nat/sun/x-ikggngcgwnmizhsa) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[12:34] * equach (~equach@nat/sun/x-svafbuvucwhpztll) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[12:34] <DanR> reflect: I can't speak for lustrefs as it's not a product in my area, would connect with the folks in their community.
+[12:35] <reflect> then I thank you for your time
+[12:35] * reflect (~reflect@1-1-13-25b.gtd.gbg.bostream.se) has left #opensolaris-meeting
+[12:35] <storycrafter> ogbot register devnull Mark Martin
+[12:35] Sorry storycrafter, I did not understand "ogbot register devnull mark martin".
+[12:35] * anilg1 (~anil@59.92.131.24) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[12:35] <storycrafter> ogbot register devnull as Mark Martin
+[12:35] Thank you for registering, storycrafter: devnull/mark martin
+[12:35] Registered members: 83, quorum needed is 143
+[12:35] <ptribble> DanR: do you see any implications for the other OpenSolaris-based distros?
+[12:36] * gtirloni (~gtirloni@200.234.206.176) Quit (Quit: leaving)
+[12:37] <anilg1> ogbot register anilg as Anil Gulecha
+[12:37] Sorry anilg1, the OpenSolaris ID you used (anilg) is not in the list of valid Core Contributors for this election.
+[12:37] * bubbva (~bubbva@nat/sun/x-teepkfemetsnuhwk) Quit (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
+[12:37] * alanm1 (~alanm@nat/sun/x-zoextwtlpzxneyeu) Quit (Remote host closed the connection)
+[12:37] * anilg (~anil@59.92.195.192) Quit (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
+[12:38] <cypromoto> Good q. Ptribble
+[12:38] <- *ClayB_laptop* register clayb as Clay Baenziger
+[12:39] <cypromoto> Is therre going to be a change in the relation to them ?
+[12:39] <ClayB_laptop> ogbot register clayb as Clay Baenziger
+[12:39] Thank you for registering, ClayB_laptop: clayb/clay baenziger
+[12:39] Registered members: 84, quorum needed is 143
+[12:39] <DanR> ptribble: No, as previously once we went to the distribution model with OpenSolaris I expected they would need to find their value add area or niche and I don't think this changes that at all. They can still do want they want based on CDDL.
+[12:40] <cypromoto> Superb
+[12:41] <ptribble> DanR: Thanks
+[12:42] * samueldean (~samueldea@216.81.240.241) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[12:43] <ptribble> DanR: Oracle reached out to the user groups. I've been wondering whether the user groups would remain as an integral part of our community, or be pushed towards being the OpenSolaris part of the wider Oracle user group ecosystem?
+[12:44] * jbk (jason@highhopes.madhack.com) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[12:44] * fjp (~fjp@ip4da6b463.direct-adsl.nl) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[12:44] <jbk> ogbot register jbk as Jason King
+[12:44] Thank you for registering, jbk: jbk/jason king
+[12:44] Registered members: 85, quorum needed is 143
+[12:46] <DanR> ptribble: Probably the later, they have a good infrastructure there and a team that will work with them going forward. My team has a new set of goals based on our roles so won't be able to provide as much direct support. I certainly do expect them to continue to participate in the broader community though for sure.
+[12:47] <cypromoto> Can I have that decrypted ?
+[12:47] * evanl (~evanl@nat/sun/x-rxpvkdmyrgkijcmq) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[12:48] <cypromoto> That means oracle would like the osugs to integrate into oracle ug ?
+[12:48] <ptribble> DanR: that was my impression as well, which would change the structure of the community a bit and could be a bone of contention
+[12:49] * cypromoto reserves some sdcards to film that culture clash
+[12:50] <ptribble> cypromoto: there's also what Oracle might want and what the Oracle User Groups (which are independent bodies, some are even companies) might want..
+[12:50] <cypromoto> Yep
+[12:50] <cypromoto> I guess it will be trouble down to. The dressing code
+[12:52] <ClayB_laptop> So far, RMOUG (Rocky Mountain Oracle User Group) has been very friendly and welcoming to us at FROSUG (Front Range OpenSolaris User Group) but some groups may be different.
+[12:52] <DanR> ptribble: On this last piece there is no hard definition of how the user groups, which are separate bodies, should function back with a community like OpenSolaris. The support User Groups get from Oracle will now come from the main User Group folks, however the user groups themselves should work out what makes sense with the community here.
+[12:53] <brendang> ogbot register bgregg as Brendan Gregg
+[12:53] Thank you for registering, brendang: bgregg/brendan gregg
+[12:53] Registered members: 86, quorum needed is 143
+[12:53] <brendang> phew, lucky I wasn't 87
+[12:53] <cypromoto> Congrats brendang
+[12:53] <cypromoto> Lol
+[12:53] * rv- (~chatzilla@nat/sun/x-equeeuudtukmbnnw) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[12:53] <brendang> ... aussie supersitition
+[12:54] <DanR> cypromoto: No, opensolaris user groups do not need to integrate into Oracle User groups, some may, some may not, up to them. Only their support from Oracle comes from 1 place.
+[12:54] <cypromoto> Ah ok
+[12:54] <bda> brendang: As opposed to being 86'd? ;)
+[12:54] <ClayB_laptop> Brendan Just don't get 86'd from the channel...
+[12:54] <brendang> I'll try
+[12:55] <madwizard> DanR: Any thought on changes in Certification? With Oracle the path is: first certificate is just a certificate fee, but second and third is certificate fee and some onhand training required.
+[12:56] <madwizard> DanR: With Sun one could take any level without taking trainings
+[12:56] <madwizard> Will that change in Sun's certification requirements?
+[12:56] * vitorio (~vitorio@189.102.11.213) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[12:57] <madwizard> Also, who in the hell makes Polish translations of Oracle page? :P
+[12:57] * hecsa (~hecsa@190.192.204.199) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[12:57] <hecsa> Hi!
+[12:57] <DanR> madwizard: Good question, not sure. If you send me email (dan . roberts @ sun . com, omit spaces) I'll connect you up with the folks to find out.
+[12:58] <hecsa> Hi! I'm Hernan Saltiel
+[12:58] <alanc> Oracle posted a FAQ on Sun -> Oracle Certification changes earlier this week to http://blogs.oracle.com/certification/2010/02/0200.html
+[12:58] <madwizard> DanR: Ok, thanx
+[12:58] <madwizard> alanc: thanx
+[12:59] * alanc saw that on the @Oracle twitter feed this week
+[13:00] <madwizard> Ah, I don;t follow ORacle yet
+[13:01] <hecsa> Hi, DanR! May I ask a question about certification to you?
+[13:01] * storycrafter (~storycraf@68-252-106-20.ded.ameritech.net) Quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
+[13:01] <ptribble> DanR: any word on the possible announcement you mentioned on Tuesday?
+[13:01] * vitorio (~vitorio@189.102.11.213) Quit (Client Quit)
+[13:01] * vitorio (~vitorio@189.102.11.213) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[13:02] * jailtus (~jailtus@187.46.105.193) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[13:03] <hecsa> Are u there?
+[13:03] <DanR> ptribble: No, should see more in the next couple weeks though.
+[13:03] * jailtus (~jailtus@187.46.105.193) Quit (Client Quit)
+[13:04] <madwizard> http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Community+Group+ogb/2010 lacks names
+[13:04] <madwizard> Alan Burlison and Tim Foster
+[13:05] <DanR> All, will have to drop, feel free to let me know if you have other questions off line. And happy to be invited back... I do try to read everything on opensolaris-discuss and advocacy, but not always able to respond. Hopefully will be able to do more going forward. Cheers! Dan
+[13:05] <madwizard> See you
+[13:05] <ptribble> DanR: many thanks for dropping by!
+[13:05] <madwizard> Glad you made it
+[13:05] <hecsa> I'll do, Dan.
+[13:06] * DanR (~chatzilla@nat/sun/x-tbazbldvpztcwjjh) Quit (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.86 [Firefox 3.5.8/20100202152834])
+[13:06] * masafumi_ohta (~masafumi_@124-144-23-56.rev.home.ne.jp) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[13:06] <hecsa> Hi, Ohta San!
+[13:07] <vitorio> Hey Otha and hecsa
+[13:07] <hecsa> Hi, Vitorio!!!
+[13:07] <hecsa> Tubo bom?
+[13:07] <vitorio> tudo bem
+[13:08] <hecsa> I joined a bit late...
+[13:10] <madwizard> Coffee
+[13:10] <madwizard> I *had* to say it
+[13:10] * hajma (~hajma@prg2-v-4-115.static.adsl.vol.cz) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[13:11] <masafumi_ohta> ji
+[13:11] <masafumi_ohta> hi
+[13:11] <hecsa> people, I have to drop...
+[13:11] <hecsa> see you when at home!
+[13:11] <hecsa> bye!
+[13:11] * hecsa (~hecsa@190.192.204.199) Quit (Quit: leaving)
+[13:11] * Trede (~no@90-231-37-223-no154.tbcn.telia.com) has left #opensolaris-meeting
+[13:12] <masafumi_ohta> vitorio how are you?
+[13:12] * ChrisGerhard (~cjg@host86-136-106-30.range86-136.btcentralplus.com) Quit (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
+[13:19] * anilg1 (~anil@59.92.131.24) has left #opensolaris-meeting
+[13:20] * ThorstenF (~ThorstenF@nat/sun/x-cmaqvpbwzvoiirjf) has left #opensolaris-meeting
+[13:20] * cypromoto (~michal@ip-90-186-132-92.web.vodafone.de) Quit (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
+[13:21] * ChrisGerhard (~cjg@host86-136-106-30.range86-136.btcentralplus.com) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[13:23] * sdaven (~scott@nat/sun/x-fkzbgppgoisjkbjx) has left #opensolaris-meeting
+[13:26] * ereid (~ereid@c-98-243-183-12.hsd1.mi.comcast.net) has left #opensolaris-meeting
+[13:32] * samueldean (~samueldea@216.81.240.241) has left #opensolaris-meeting
+[13:32] * evanl (~evanl@nat/sun/x-rxpvkdmyrgkijcmq) has left #opensolaris-meeting
+[13:36] * jhaslam (~Jon@nat/sun/x-gdnbahhjinhclyas) Quit (Quit: jhaslam)
+[13:44] <cypromis> ogbot quorum
+[13:44] Registered members: 86, quorum needed is 143
+[13:44] <osolbot> i already had it that way, OGBot.
+[13:45] * nwsmith (~nwsmith@wilusa.demon.co.uk) Quit (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
+[13:45] * kimc (~kimc@76-242-100-1.uvs.livnmi.sbcglobal.net) Quit (Quit: Try HydraIRC -> http://www.hydrairc.com <-)
+[13:47] * sch (~sch@nat/sun/x-xukgkndoayzshrfq) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[13:49] <jwalker> cypromis can you accept your ogb nomination here and on ogb-discuss
+[13:49] * kupfer (~kupfer@nat/sun/x-wzpzowgofpwoozfz) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[13:49] * sch (~sch@nat/sun/x-xukgkndoayzshrfq) has left #opensolaris-meeting
+[13:49] <kupfer> ogbot register kupfer as Mike Kupfer
+[13:49] Thank you for registering, kupfer: kupfer/mike kupfer
+[13:49] Registered members: 87, quorum needed is 143
+[13:51] * maxb1 (~max@53-202.62-188.cust.bluewin.ch) has left #opensolaris-meeting
+[13:52] * vitorio (~vitorio@189.102.11.213) Quit (Quit: Ex-Chat)
+[13:53] <masafumi_ohta> ogbot register masafumi_ohta as Masafumi Ohta
+[13:53] Sorry masafumi_ohta, the OpenSolaris ID you used (masafumi_ohta) is not in the list of valid Core Contributors for this election.
+[13:55] <masafumi_ohta> ogbbot register masafumi as Masafumi Ohta
+[13:55] <masafumi_ohta> ogbot resgister masafumi as Masafumi Ohta
+[13:56] <e^ipi> possible you don't have a CC grant?
+[13:56] <kupfer> another typo
+[13:56] <masafumi_ohta> ah
+[13:56] <masafumi_ohta> I mistook my account
+[13:56] <masafumi_ohta> sorry
+[13:57] <masafumi_ohta> I use account 'masafumi' as OpenSolaris ID but my id on IRC is masafumi_ohta
+[13:57] <masafumi_ohta> thanks noticing
+[13:58] * tsoome (~tsoome@164.18.191.90.dyn.estpak.ee) has left #opensolaris-meeting
+[13:59] * masafumi_ohta (~masafumi_@124-144-23-56.rev.home.ne.jp) has left #opensolaris-meeting
+[14:00] * masafumi (~masafumi_@124-144-23-56.rev.home.ne.jp) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[14:00] * Liam (~lm66018@nat/sun/x-pfrrnxrluokrngwx) Quit (Quit: Liam)
+[14:00] <cypromis> jwalker: done
+[14:01] <masafumi> ogbot register masafumi as Masafumi Ohta
+[14:01] Thank you for registering, masafumi: masafumi/masafumi ohta
+[14:01] Registered members: 88, quorum needed is 143
+[14:01] <masafumi> okay done
+[14:01] <cypromis> 55 to go
+[14:04] * ChrisGerhard (~cjg@host86-136-106-30.range86-136.btcentralplus.com) has left #opensolaris-meeting
+[14:05] <jwalker> cypromis Cool!
+[14:06] <cypromis> I was undecided before I read Dan's answers
+[14:16] <jwalker> I think there will be a lot of opportunities
+[14:17] * holligan (~holligan@cm-24-121-78-90.lakehavasu.az.npgco.com) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[14:17] * randyf (~randyf@c-98-207-82-57.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) Quit (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
+[14:17] <jwalker> Plus some of the Oracle events will become more relevant
+[14:23] <cypromis> lets see how the election goes
+[14:30] * JagWaugh (~jagwaugh@85.4.218.218) Quit (Quit: So n)
+[14:40] * artem (~chatzilla@nat/sun/x-ynjbgffjismvjctj) Quit (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.86 [Firefox 3.5.7/20100117074305])
+[14:40] * Plocher-m (~Plocher@166.205.137.76) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[14:41] * Plocher-m (~Plocher@166.205.137.76) Quit (Client Quit)
+[14:47] * bubbva (~bubbva@nat/sun/x-mpcbfmqlgktaahus) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[14:47] * ChanServ sets mode +o bubbva
+[14:47] * dclarke (~dclarke@blastwave/maintainer/dclarke) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[14:47] <dclarke> test
+[14:48] <dclarke> Hello, I am Dennis Clarke and an OpenSolaris Core Contributor. My OpenSolaris ID is dclarke
+[14:48] Thank you for registering, dclarke: dclarke/dennis clarke
+[14:48] Registered members: 89, quorum needed is 143
+[14:48] <dclarke> better late than never
+[14:48] <bubbva> dclarke : yep! the meeting goes until we reach quorum :)
+[14:49] <dclarke> okay, thanks
+[14:49] <dclarke> sorry .. I need to run back into a datacenter now
+[14:50] <ptribble> bubbva: you're back!
+[14:51] <bubbva> yes, had a power outage. waited for it to come back, but it never did. so drove to office :-)
+[14:51] <bubbva> did I miss anything good? :-)
+[14:53] <ptribble> We talked about implications for other distros (none; they carry on under CDDL as bfore)
+[14:54] <ptribble> And user groups, and how there may be changes ahead related to the way Oracle handles user groups.
+[14:54] <bda> bubbva: http://pastie.org/private/s0r0r81qkvbxn4tfqcoc2q
+[14:54] <ptribble> And also possible interactions with the independent Oracle User groups.
+[14:54] <bubbva> thanks, ptribble & bda. it was very interesting while I was still here :-)
+[14:55] <tomww> Hello, I am Thomas Wagner and an OpenSolaris Core Contributor. My OpenSolaris ID is tomw
+[14:55] Thank you for registering, tomww: tomw/thomas wagner
+[14:55] Registered members: 90, quorum needed is 143
+[14:57] * tilung (~plt@93-97-26-141.zone5.bethere.co.uk) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[14:58] <bubbva> bda: how long will that url live? I'd like to send it around to colleagues, some of whom are in different timezones
+[14:58] <bda> bubbva: No idea, but the channel is logged, too.
+[14:59] <bubbva> thanks
+[14:59] <bda> bubbva: http://www.spcoast.com/irclogs/opensolaris-meeting/
+[15:00] <bda> I don't see anything about paste expiry in the help/about.
+[15:00] * rv- (~chatzilla@nat/sun/x-equeeuudtukmbnnw) has left #opensolaris-meeting
+[15:12] <masafumi> hi I am Masafumi Ohta and an OpenSolaris Core Contributer from Japan.My OpenSolaris ID is masafumi.
+[15:12] <bubbva> ogbot quorum?
+[15:12] Registered members: 90, quorum needed is 143
+[15:12] <osolbot> i already had it that way, OGBot.
+[15:13] <bubbva> masfumi : ogbot didn't catch you, try the simpler form: ogbot register <your OS.o ID> as <your full name>
+[15:13] <masafumi> ah I already registered
+[15:13] <masafumi> I'd like to say hi to guys on IRC
+[15:14] <cypromis> masafumi : no you did not
+[15:14] <masafumi> no
+[15:14] <cypromis> try what bubbva suggested
+[15:14] <masafumi> okay
+[15:14] <alanc> he did earlier - my scrollback shows: <OGBot> Thank you for registering, masafumi: masafumi/masafumi ohta
+[15:14] <cypromis> the bot is a bit picky ...
+[15:14] <cypromis> ah ok
+[15:14] <alanc> about 1.5 hours ago
+[15:14] <bubbva> ah! got it :-)
+[15:14] <masafumi> thanks alanc
+[15:15] <bubbva> sorry, masafumi - your greeting was so close to the syntax tot he bot :-)
+[15:16] <masafumi> I thought I mistook..
+[15:16] <masafumi> ah no sorry bubbva
+[15:16] <masafumi> :)
+[15:17] <masafumi> I have a question:I missed the IRC meeting yesterday does someone have the chat log yesterday?
+[15:17] <bubbva> masafumi - meeting is still going on :-)
+[15:17] <cypromis> http://www.spcoast.com/irclogs/opensolaris-meeting/
+[15:17] <cypromis> should have most
+[15:18] <bubbva> cypromis beat me to it :-)
+[15:18] <bubbva> now, just to make sure I'm on the safe side (in case I hit "testing" window yesterday)
+[15:18] <bubbva> ogbot register bubbva as Valerie Fenwick
+[15:18] Updating registration: bubbva is changing bubbva/valerie fenwick to bubbva/valerie fenwick
+[15:18] Registered members: 90, quorum needed is 143
+[15:18] <osolbot> i already had it that way, OGBot.
+[15:19] * bubbva thinks it would be embarrassing if OGB members didn't announce ;)
+[15:19] <masafumi> I see
+[15:19] <bubbva> i have to go for now. will check logs later. thank you!
+[15:19] * bubbva (~bubbva@nat/sun/x-mpcbfmqlgktaahus) Quit (Quit: Leaving)
+[15:19] * mecatsun (~mec@nat/sun/x-senohylddtsinfrs) has left #opensolaris-meeting
+[15:19] <masafumi> okay see you :)
+[15:23] * deirdres (~deirdres@64.0.147.130.ptr.us.xo.net) Quit (Quit: deirdres)
+[16:10] * ptribble (~chatzilla@cpc2-cmbg3-0-0-cust377.cmbg.cable.ntl.com) Quit (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.86 [Firefox 3.6/20100117202611])
+[16:12] * glagasse (~glagasse@nat/sun/x-yqvwftvweybglowo) Quit (Quit: leaving)
+[16:55] * ClayB_laptop (~clayb@nat/sun/x-ikggngcgwnmizhsa) has left #opensolaris-meeting
+[16:58] * webmink (~webmink@rrcs-70-63-152-203.midsouth.biz.rr.com) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[16:58] * ChanServ sets mode +o webmink
+[16:59] * nwsmith (~nwsmith@wilusa.demon.co.uk) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[17:00] <nwsmith> ogbot register nwsmith as Nigel Smith
+[17:00] Updating registration: nwsmith is changing nwsmith/nigel smith to nwsmith/nigel smith
+[17:00] Registered members: 90, quorum needed is 143
+[17:00] <osolbot> i already had it that way, OGBot.
+[17:04] <webmink> Hello ogbot
+[17:04] Sorry webmink, I did not understand "hello ogbot".
+[17:05] <- *webmink* help
+[17:08] <comay> ogbot weather sfo
+[17:08] <comay> osolbot weather sfo
+[17:08] <osolbot> SAN FRANCISCO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT , CA, United States ; (KSFO) 37-37N 122-22W 26M; last updated: Feb 26, 2010 07:56 PM EST; Dew Point: 54.0 F (12.2 C); Pressure (altimeter): 29.79 in. Hg (1008 hPa); Relative Humidity: 83%; Sky conditions: mostly cloudy; Temperature: 59.0 F (15.0 C); Visibility: 10 mile(s); Wind: Variable at 5 MPH (4 KT)
+[17:09] * comay decides to look out his window
+[17:09] <comay> oh, there she is
+[17:10] <- *equach* ogbot register equach as Ethan Quach
+[17:10] Thank you for registering, equach: equach/ethan quach
+[17:10] Registered members: 91, quorum needed is 143
+[17:14] * rohrer (~chatzilla@nat/sun/x-xmellyangcvstaqu) Quit (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
+[17:20] <cypromis> ...
+[17:24] <plocher> In case anyone wants to play along at home, want's to dissect someone else's hack or laugh at my first attempt at throwing together a quick and dirty IRC 'bot, here's the page I put up discussing it: http://www.spcoast.com/wiki/index.php/OpenSolaris_IRC_Bot
+[17:25] <plocher> just, please, don't put up competing bot's here - 2 is more than enough :-)
+[17:25] <kupfer> I'm waiting for the bots to start arguing among themselves. ;-)
+[17:29] <alanc> they already have a bit - osolbot even forked itself for a while to argue over which got to answer questions
+[17:35] * kupfer (~kupfer@nat/sun/x-wzpzowgofpwoozfz) Quit (Quit: Leaving.)
+[17:48] * lblume (~lblume@raven.elanor.org) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[17:49] <lblume> ogbot register laurent as Laurent Blume
+[17:49] Updating registration: lblume is changing laurent/laurent blume to laurent/laurent blume
+[17:49] Registered members: 91, quorum needed is 143
+[17:53] * jbeloro (~jasonbelo@nat/sun/x-ilkdqonilrtwexem) has left #opensolaris-meeting
+[18:10] <- *movement* register johnlev as John Levon
+[18:14] * tilung (~plt@93-97-26-141.zone5.bethere.co.uk) Quit (Quit: tilung)
+[18:22] <bda> plocher: I don't know why, but it amuses me to no end you wrote an IRC bot in Java.
+[18:23] * comay (~comay@nat/sun/x-tobjtowwyvneqmih) Quit (Quit: Leaving)
+[18:36] * comay (~comay@nat/sun/x-frkqlbilafkzusjn) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[18:36] * comay (~comay@nat/sun/x-frkqlbilafkzusjn) Quit (Remote host closed the connection)
+[18:56] * Auralis (~barbie@port-92-206-88-141.dynamic.qsc.de) has left #opensolaris-meeting
+[19:02] * hecsa (~hecsa@190.192.204.199) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[19:02] * hecsa (~hecsa@190.192.204.199) Quit (Client Quit)
+[19:05] * hecsa (~hecsa@190.192.204.199) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[19:07] * hecsa (~hecsa@190.192.204.199) Quit (Client Quit)
+[19:08] <masafumi> hernan?
+[19:08] * Plocher-m (~Plocher@166.205.139.246) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[19:13] * Plocher-m (~Plocher@166.205.139.246) has left #opensolaris-meeting
+[19:22] * masafumi (~masafumi_@124-144-23-56.rev.home.ne.jp) has left #opensolaris-meeting
+[19:36] * TechJournalist (~tk421@d24-141-163-181.home.cgocable.net) Quit (Remote host closed the connection)
+[19:37] * neale_ (~neale@pool-96-247-198-33.clppva.fios.verizon.net) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[19:37] <neale_> Hello, I am Neale Ferguson and an OpenSolaris Core Contributor. My OpenSolaris ID is neale
+[19:37] Thank you for registering, neale_: neale/neale ferguson
+[19:37] Registered members: 92, quorum needed is 143
+[19:38] * neale_ (~neale@pool-96-247-198-33.clppva.fios.verizon.net) Quit (Client Quit)
+[19:42] * equach (~equach@nat/sun/x-svafbuvucwhpztll) Quit (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
+[19:51] * steleman (~steleman@static-68-236-176-197.ny325.east.verizon.net) has left #opensolaris-meeting
+[20:00] * eriko_ (~eriko@76-253-65-95.lightspeed.austtx.sbcglobal.net) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[20:04] * eriko (~eriko@nat/sun/x-bmqoqxixhnvqhema) Quit (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
+[20:04] * eriko_ is now known as eriko
+[20:54] * e^ipi (~e^ipi@76-10-188-43.dsl.teksavvy.com) Quit (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
+[20:54] * e^ipi (~e^ipi@76-10-188-43.dsl.teksavvy.com) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[21:43] * dclarke (~dclarke@blastwave/maintainer/dclarke) Quit (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
+[22:00] * dcragun (~dcragun@76-191-129-144.dsl.dynamic.sonic.net) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[22:01] <dcragun> ogbot register dcragun Don Cragun
+[22:01] Sorry dcragun, I did not understand "ogbot register dcragun don cragun".
+[22:02] <- *dcragun* OGBot register dcragun as Don Cragun
+[22:02] Thank you for registering, dcragun: dcragun/don cragun
+[22:02] Registered members: 93, quorum needed is 143
+[22:09] <alanc> you need to say "as" between your username and realname to pass the plocher parser
+[22:16] <dcragun> Yes, I got that and have done so to OGBot's satisfaction on the OGBot channel. It says we now have 93 members registered.
+[22:19] * dclarke_ (~dclarke@mail.livewire.ca) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[22:21] * dclarke_ is now known as dclarke
+[22:21] * dclarke (~dclarke@mail.livewire.ca) Quit (Changing host)
+[22:21] * dclarke (~dclarke@blastwave/maintainer/dclarke) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[22:21] * dclarke (~dclarke@blastwave/maintainer/dclarke) Quit (Client Quit)
+[22:22] <plocher> ogbot quorum
+[22:22] Registered members: 93, quorum needed is 143
+[22:35] * eriko (~eriko@76-253-65-95.lightspeed.austtx.sbcglobal.net) Quit (Quit: eriko)
+[22:35] * plocher is restarting OGBot...
+[22:35] -calvino.freenode.net- *** Looking up your hostname...
+[22:35] -calvino.freenode.net- *** Checking Ident
+[22:35] -calvino.freenode.net- *** Found your hostname
+[22:35] -calvino.freenode.net- *** No Ident response
+[22:35] [frigg VERSION]
+[22:35] * OGBot (~PircBot@173-11-76-37-SFBA.hfc.comcastbusiness.net) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[22:35] * Topic is 'Welcome to the OpenSolaris Meeting 2010 | Feb 25 thru close of elections on Mar 23 | http://www.spcoast.com/irclogs/opensolaris-meeting | announce format: "ogbot register <your OS.o ID> as <your full name>" | Election Info: http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Community+Group+ogb/2010'
+[22:35] * Set by plocher!~plocher@173-11-76-37-SFBA.hfc.comcastbusiness.net on Thu Feb 25 12:55:13 PST 2010
+[22:35] -ChanServ- [#opensolaris-meeting] Welcome to the OpenSolaris Meeting 2010, logged at http://www.spcoast.com/irclogs/opensolaris-meeting CoreContribs, please announce yourselves as: "ogbot register <your OS.o ID> as <your full name>" Election Info: http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Community+Group+ogb/2010
+[22:35] <plocher> ogbot quorum
+[22:35] Registered members: 93 (quorum is 143, 215 to pass the new constitution)
+[22:36] * plocher wants to keep people's eye on the real goal...
+[23:07] * comay (~comay@nat/sun/x-psbplmnhxngwfkgh) has joined #opensolaris-meeting
+[23:51] * trochej eyes notminations
+[23:52] <trochej> Now situation is more to my liking. :)
+[23:54] <trochej> I see I was needlessly worried

These logs were automatically created by OGBot on irc.freenode.net using the Java IRC LogBot.